SATURDAY, July 23rd!
LOCATION – The Shops at West End Community Room
1633 West End Blvd., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
You will be emailed information & audition links regarding the FILMMAKER AUDITIONS within 24 hours of your registration of the event. PLEASE NOTE: These auditions fill up quickly. If all of the slots are filled, you will be provided instructions on submitting a digital audition.
Locations – West End Community Room – First Floor
Time Slots Available – 2:30pm-5:30pm
A panel of filmmakers will attend the event and audition actors for projects. This may be for specific projects such as films, webisodes or television pilots. Or filmmakers may simply be taking this opportunity to become more familiar with the acting community in general.
- Actors should prepare a monologue or two-person scene to perform. TWO MINUTE MAXIMUM. Reminder – these are for on-camera projects. Theater type auditions are less desirable.
- Only one audition per actor – either a scene or monologue. There are no cold reads or scripts available on site.
- Sign Up for an audition time before the event date. If you’re auditioning with a scene partner, simply sign up for ONE audition time.
- Complete a Filmmaker Audition Form. The link to this online form will be emailed after you register for the expo. By completing this form, all of your contact information, headshot and resume will be available to the filmmakers electronically. There is no need to bring printed materials to the audition.
- All auditions will be recorded and available to the filmmakers for reference. Recorded auditions will not be available to the actors.
- Digital auditions are accepted on a case by case basis (EX: if registered virtually or if all audition slots are full)
- Although these auditions fill up quickly, there MAY be some slots available. Check in at the audition table upon arriving to see if you can get on the schedule. The only way to guarantee you’ll get to audition is to register for the event and sign up ahead of time.
Hint – In the past, the filmmakers have responded best to the scene auditions as opposed to the monologues. So partner up with an acting colleague and show us your craft! NOTE: If you are doing a 2 person scene, you and your partner must register to attend the Twin Cities Actor Educational Series Event. Register one of your names in the time slot and add the additional person in the comment section when you select your audition time.
John Gigrich My name is John Gigrich and I have been lucky enough to make eighteen or so short films that have screened all over the world.
Carley is a Minneapolis based creative with niches in filmmaking, script writing, comedy, acting, and modeling.
Vanessa M. H. Powers
Vanessa is a prolific and award-winning film director who has been making films professionally since 2011. Her company, the Oxford Comma Film Cooperative has tackled topics ranging from hysterical to heartbreaking, spanning almost every genre you can think of. Vanessa and her team have consistently delivered character-driven, thought-provoking, and stylishly told stories, with just enough Midwester flair to make you say ‘ope.’ Her works have been seen in festivals across the country and around the globe, and she even has 2 feature films, ‘Keepsake,’ and ‘Witch,’ available on Amazon.com.
If you have any questions regarding the Filmmaker Auditions, contact Briana Lee at Briana.Lee@twincitiesfilmfest.org